Monday, September 1, 2014

NEWS

Hello all you lovely people who probably thought I would never update this blog again!

Well, I have some exciting news! Now, obviously I'm back home in Boston (Weymouth) but back in Boston for the sake of this blog's title, and I am pleased to announce that I have landed another internship!

But where? You might be asking yourself this. Where in Boston have the exotic animals that come to mind when you think of this blog, and by extension me?

The New England Aquarium

PENGUINS

Yes, that is correct, I am a new intern in the Penguin Colony at the New England Aquarium in Boston, MA. I'm going to be working with three species of penguins: Little Blues, Rockhoppers, and African penguins. I will be in a wetsuit in their exhibit cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning some more until I have enough experience to feed them. Food prep and cleaning outside the exhibit also happens, so it's a little bit like my CARE internship in that way. There are information talks that we give to the public, so all my tours at CARE have also prepared me for those.

I'm very excited to once again update my blog and share my new experiences with you all!  

I'll also be uploading pictures if and when I take them, I'm not sure how I'll do that yet, but I'll figure it out.

I start tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous. New experiences and all that.




Early commute should be fun.


That's all for now! Thanks for coming along again with me on my adventures with animals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment