Friday, September 12, 2014

Two Weeks In

Helloooo everyone.

Welp. As I have now completed my second week of my penguin colony internship, I can say I have done a number of things I had not done before. Here we go:

Week 1:
-put on a wetsuit
-got blisters from putting on said wetsuit
-fed Rockhopper penguins
-got a bruise from a penguin pecking at me through my wetsuit
          ~I had the audacity to feed another penguin near him
-learned all the Rockhoppers names and bracelet colors
-realized there is no possible way to look cute in a wetsuit

Week 2:
-practiced my rockclimbing skills whilst scrubbing the African penguins islands
-almost fell off an island into the 65 degree water
-saw and squealed over a juvenile African penguin (THEY'RE SO CUTE)
-learned that wetsuits are awesome for ballet purposes, very buoyant
-had my fingers pecked by hungry Rockhoppers 
-took my Rockhopper quiz!

I haven't managed to get any pictures of me feeding or cleaning because no one I know has visited yet :) But soon, hopefully I'll be able to post some!

I am having a really awesome time learning everything about penguins and the process of each day. I am pleased to announce that I do not smell like fish because I shower twice a day at work :D And I'm in the water constantly so the fish smell never really settles in.

That's all for now, I hope you guys enjoyed my little update!
Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment